Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Writing sidebar: hiking

So, my summer break is wrapping up and I spent the last couple of weeks putting the sequel aside and doing some more outdoorsy things. I've done a lot of mountain biking, volleyball tournaments, and days in the park. Last Thursday, I spent the day hiking "The Decalibron," which is a 8 mile round-trip hike in the Mosquito Range. Democrat, Cameron, Lincoln, and Bross mountains are four 14,000 ft peaks you summit during the hike!

Here are some pictures from the hike:
Sunrise in the valley

Sunrise over Kite Lake

Summit of Democrat

Summit of Lincoln

Summit of Bross


So, I have a week left of my break...time to do some more mountain biking! Check in soon for some book two updates and maybe some more pictures from the rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment